Thursday, November 8, 2007

we rock story hour

Thursday mornings we go to toddler story hour, and I am going to make a bold statement here: my local library has the coolest toddler story hour around. No, really, "cool toddler story hour" is not some sarcastic oxymoron. I mean, how many can say that theirs starts with the leader? teacher? library dude? saying, "I'm ready to rock"?

Typically we read a couple of books (duh) then out comes the acoustic guitar and harmonica. Library Dude plays versions of "If You're Happy and You Know It," "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad" in a Dylanesque, MTV-Unplugged kind of way. (Does MTV even do Unplugged anymore? Or, well, music?)

We Kinneared him this morning. :)



The kids totally dig it. Really, they go nuts, it's Beatlemania in there.

One of these days they're going to throw their diapers at him. Oh, booger - and I said I wouldn't post about diapers!