Monday, November 5, 2007

Pup-py! Woof! Woof!

In all likelihood, that is what Baby Sister will say when she gets her Christmas present:



That "Woof!", btw, is a full-body kind of sound. It actually looks like a lot of work for her. She does this every time she sees a dog, or looks out a window through which she has once, at some point, seen a dog. There's a lot of woofing around here.

If a dog looks at her, however, or god forbid moves toward her in any way, there is an entirely different kind of yelling. I doubt this little guy will pose much of a threat, though.




pattern: Classic Teddy Bear by Mary Ann Gebhardt from the Interweave Knits Holiday issue
yarn: my first non-sucky handspun!
needles: size 6 Addis (although the whole thing is knitted flat, in little pieces)
mods: well, it's not a bear. Also it's bigger; the pattern used size 3 needles. I didn't do the jointed arms and legs, either, because I don't know what the heck a cotter pin is.



On the Beginner Spinner's group in Ravelry, somebody once said you should knit with your first handspun ASAP, even if it's crap, because it's kind of a magical thing. I totally get that now. I mean, when I first got this wool, it was just that: cream-colored carded wool. Now it's a red/pink/purple knitted dog. That is seriously cool.