Tuesday, November 13, 2007

meme today

I have just returned, exhausted and somewhat irritated, from eleventy-thousand jillion errands. Both of J's cars (his everyday truck and the 1984 Camaro that is his second wife) broke yesterday. I tried not to gloat as I chauffeured him around this morning, because he often makes fun of my car, using any euphemism for "junk" that he can think of. But whose car is actually running?? Ha! This is a long way of explaining why a meme really hits the spot about now. Quick, before the baby's nap is over!

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night. My brother Rock Fan. He's really good at the whole deadpan thing.

2. What were you doing at 0800? Starting out on the eleventy-thousand jillion errands. What time is it now? Past noon? Yeah.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Eating a piece of cold pizza while putting away groceries.

4. What happened to you in 2006? Baby Sister! Oh, did you want a picture? Of course you did:


5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "Bye."

6. How many beverages did you have today? I've been nursing the same travel mug of coffee all morning, which is generally what I do. I'm sorry if that grosses you out.

7. What color is your hairbrush? Yeah . . . my hair is generally between 1-2 inches long. Hairbrush not so necessary.

8. What was the last thing you paid for? J's blood pressure pills.

9. Where were you last night? Home, teaching my mom to knit a sock heel.

10. What color is your front door? White for now, soon to be reddish-orange. The paint chips are on the fridge, the job is on the list.

11. Where do you keep your change? In an old value-size Skippy peanut butter jar that J's mom cut a hole in for him when he was about 10. He doesn't throw anything away.

12. What’s the weather like today? Started out rainy, but the sun's out now.

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Coffee, of course. My username is jenfromRI, remember?

14. What excites you? Ideas - about knitting, parenting, figuring out exactly what I'll be doing career-wise eventually, etc.

15. Do you want to cut your hair? I couldn't cut it much more. But soon, when it's ready, I'll head into the bathroom with the scissors and come out a new woman. :)

16. Are you over the age of 25? Yep.

17. Do you talk a lot? Not really, but I guess it depends on whom I'm with.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yes. Has anybody answered "no" to that question?

20. Do you make up your own words? Not on purpose, but probably.

21. Are you a jealous person? Nah.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "A." Amy.

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "K." Kathryn.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? I don't have a cell phone. No, really.

25. What does the last text message you received say? See above.

26. Do you chew on your straw? No.

27. Do you have curly hair? Sort of. I'd use the word "frizzy" myself.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? The kids' school, to pick them up.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Baby Sister. That girl pulls my hair, throws food around, has been known to fart on my lap. Jeez, can you believe her?

30. What was the last thing you ate? The aforementioned slice of cold pizza.

31. Will you get married in the future? What, again? No, I don't think I'll do a trade-in.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? I mostly watch science/history documentaries from Netflix. Yes. I'm a nerd. I get it.

33. Is there anyone you like right now? *blushing* That's such a personal question!

36. Did you cry today? I don't think so.

37. Why did you answer and post this? It looked like fun. My brain is unwilling to cough up anything else. It's NaBloPoMo!

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Anybody who is also doing NaBloPoMo - you're welcome.


Tomorrow I'll do a real post. I promise. :)