Friday, November 30, 2007

done and done

I heard tell that there was supposed to be an "I did it!" badge to put on the blog, on this, the last day of NaBloPoMo. But the site is down at present, so just pretend it's here.


I did it!

Somebody said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." Hang on a sec, let me Google . . .
Socrates. Socrates said that. Well, this month I feel like I have been living a very examined life, trying to mine my daily existence for things that might be interesting enough to share. Looking back over the month, I guess it was hit or miss. I mean, did you really care about the fraction of an inch of snow that stayed for about two hours, or the Perler beads? Probably not. But the process of trying to see things I might not otherwise pay attention to, or to say ordinary things in such a way that they were interesting, well, it was a bit different and fun. I wonder if it will take me a while to stop.

And here's where I cop out and leave you with some cute kid pictures (my dad, if he's reading, should be thrilled). I think I should maybe slowly back away from the computer for a day or two. Unless, of course, something genuinely interesting happens. See you soon.
To my fellow NaBloPoMo-ers: Congrats!