Thursday, May 31, 2007

relay

Tomorrow I will be walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. If you have never heard of this before, it is an all day/all night walk, usually held at a track. Teams must have at least one person walking the track the entire time, and you camp out in the center of the track, or near the track. I walked one year in high school, but I haven't done it since then. The ACS's official relay site is here.

Our team is walking to honor Old Friend's mom, a cancer survivor. Old Friend has done so much work over the past few months organizing the team, a bunch of fundraisers, tents for everyone, signs and other decorations (because a big part of the whole experience is making your teams's tent the coolest one), and all sorts of other stuff that I can't remember because it makes me tired just to think of it. It's a really impressive amount of work.

I'm looking forward to it, despite a little bit of nervousness about Baby Sister sleeping in a tent. J and the boys won't be there; they are driving down to Dover to see a NASCAR race (omg they are ridiculously excited, and I don't mean just the kids) so it will be a busy weekend for all. Wish me luck and I'll see you on Monday!