Friday, July 6, 2007

What's that noise?

Do you hear it? That sucking sound? What is that?
Oh, I know . . . IT'S THE SOUND OF EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO READ THE YARN HARLOT'S POST FROM THURSDAY BEING INEXORABLY DRAWN INTO MYSTERY STOLE 3. Including me, and I've never knit (or, quite frankly, worn) a stole. Here's my ms 3 so far:

I started late, and I knit pretty slow, so I don't have any illusions about keeping up. Still, it sounded like fun. In the past week or so, what with (finally) getting around to joining the Knitlist and (finally) getting my Ravelry invite, my knitting community has ballooned, and I thought I'd keep it going. Let my inbox runneth over!

As for specifics, I didn't want this project to actually cost me any money, so I'm skipping the beads and I'm knitting from stash yarn. The only thing I had that was an appropriate weight is yarn I recycled from a sweater last winter. Not a handknit sweater, but a pink J. Crew turtleneck I got as a gift. Not really my style, but the softness! I don't know the exact fiber content, although I seem to remember it had some cashmere in it. Again, the softness!

So this whole thing is really an experiment for me: I'm still a lace novice, I'm not sure how the yarn will work, I've never done a KAL this structured (for lack of a better word) before. I'm really looking forward to it.