Tuesday, June 5, 2007

what my needles have been up to

It's been forever since I have written anything about what I've been knitting, and I have been knitting. In fact, lately a bunch of the projects that are always bouncing around in my head have been making their way to my needles. I wanted to make a cable-y hat using this Jo Sharp cashmere/merino/silk yarn I had:



Yes, it is as soft as it sounds like it would be. And yes, I ran out of yarn at the top. And speaking of running out of yarn, I started a pair of pedicure socks for my sister, using this angora/wool yarn that I got at a knitting group yarn swap back in February. I didn't really use the knitty pattern, just the idea of making toeless socks for wearing after a pedicure (she, unlike me, actually does get them). I only had the one skein, but I figured that they wouldn't have the toes, and I would make them ankle socks, and I would have enough.



Nope. I got a little farther than this, but not much. I never had the ball band, so although I know the brand, I don't know the colorway. Plus I was kind of trying to use it up, not buy more. So I don't know what will happen with these. Sorry Sis.

I also had wanted to make a lacy baby tank top out of the leftovers from my lacy top, the tea rose halter.

Of course it looks better on a "proper model," as Grumperina would say.

And lastly (see what happens when you wait so long to post about your knitting??), there are a couple of the montego bay scarves from the current issue of IK. The first was out of Patons SWS on size 10.5 needles, and it went superfast. The second is out of Koigu on size 7 needles, and it is going considerably slower.

Whew! I think that's everything. My head's a little lighter now, but I'm sure it will fill up again soon.