Reasons I love my dad:
- He is fiercely loyal and protective.
- His fab wardrobe - he has innumerable Boston Red Sox attire, a shirt and socks with flames on them (for backyard grilling, of course), and a pair of snakeskin boots for which he has been endlessly ridiculed by his loved ones.
- He sings along with 50's doo-wop songs whenever he hears them.
- He is sentimental. He cried when he met each of my kids for the first time; he even cried when I told him what Little Brother's middle name was going to be. The pictures of him walking me down the aisle on my wedding day are a sight to behold.
- He got into all sorts of trouble when he was a kid and he doesn't mind telling us his stories.
- He is really talented with tools and woodworking. He has transformed several houses from places that you wanted to take a shower after being in to light, airy, incredibly well-organized places.
- His friends call him Happy, to the point where some of them don't actually know his real name.
- He is always there for my sister and me.
Happy Father's Day, Dad. I promise I'll come visit when you retire to Florida.