Tuesday, March 13, 2007

initiation

Some say you aren't really a knitter until you have knit socks. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, pass me that Official Knitter badge!

Sorry about the sideways picture. . .

These will be the Pedicure socks from knitty. Maybe it's cheating to only have to deal with the heel and not the toe on your first pair of socks, but I really want some socks I can wear with flip-flops. Actually, I've never gotten a pedicure in my life, but I really love flip-flops. This warm-ish weather we've got this week is making me want very much to wear them, but I know it's not really that warm. Hence, the pedicure socks. Honestly, is there any problem knitting can't solve?

I sat by myself on the couch last night, working on these. J was at a friend's house, all the kids were in bed, and there I was, grinning like a loon as I watched the heel emerge. I wonder if this is a common first-sock experience.