Monday, March 12, 2007

girly multigenerational stash enrichment expedition

I am so avoiding the acronym for that title - ew.

My mom, Baby Sister, and I hit the clearance sale at Yarns at Lacewings this weekend. It was so awesome. I know I've mentioned my pathetic yarn budget previously, so this was a dream come true - 50% off soft, beautiful, natural yarns. I picked up four skeins of Inca Alpaca in canyon green, which is kind of a chartreuse, and a skein of Koigu in an orangey-red color simply because it was a $5 skein of Koigu.




Ohh, they are just so lovely. I'm not sure what my plans are for them yet, plus I'm still working on my Tea Rose halter. It's coming along - I'm about halfway through the middle ribbing section.


I love the way the lace pattern looks, although the color is way more orangey in this picture than it actually is. It's really a rich bright pink color. I'm pretty psyched, it looks like I'll have enough left to make a tank top for Baby Sister when I'm done. She does look awfully sweet in pink!