Tuesday, March 10, 2009

stuff that's going on

Hell of a title, eh?

  • Yesterday was Sam's 11th birthday - happy birthday a day late, kid! He's got a party planned for Sunday, so we didn't do too much yesterday. Just a cake. And at this year's party? No green slime.

  • We've started composting, again. Scratch that - I've started composting again, as J is vehemently opposed to the whole thing. I can't really blame him. Composting and I have had an on-again, off-again relationship, governed largely by my inability to bring the stuff outside regularly. I won't go into gory detail, but there have been flies involved. But this time will be different, honest. After all, we do have that garden to plant. Most of the seeds have started sprouting, and the kids are charmingly excited.

  • Jane is in full-on toddler independence mode. She needs to do everything herself. I know it's important and all, but it does nothing for my nerves, watching her butter her toast or put on her jacket or set the table so s l o w l y. I'm frazzled, but proud. And also a little sad - babies can't butter toast or put on jackets or set tables, you know?

  • I've been enjoying Project Spectrum so far. The color associated with the first theme, north, is green. I just happened to be working on something green, happily enough:




That's Reese's sweater, and it's very green! (Reese does not do subdued colors. Or subdued anything, come to think of it.) It's grown a bit since I took those, but it's just a lot of stockinette, so I haven't photographed it again. I have photographed some other things for the green theme, though, just playing around with the camera, really. If you haven't seen the flickr group for PS4, you should check it out. There are some gorgeous "green" photos there.





  • Cute kid picture, just for fun.


  • Oh, and have I mentioned how happy I am to have a President that understands the value of science?