Thursday, August 23, 2007

the darndest things

Yes, this is a "cute kid" post. I try not to do this too often, but sometimes you've just got to get it out of your system, you know?

The thing is, Little Brother is just one of those kids with a huge personality. Honestly, if I wanted to, I could have an entire "What Little Brother Did Today" blog, which I'm sure he'd just love when he's a teenager.
Yesterday, he and Big Brother were bickering within minutes of Big Brother getting out of bed. Little Brother, who'd been up for about an hour, ran up to me and told me that his brother was being mean to him.
I said, "He just got up! What could have happened in the past two minutes?"
"He told me to get away from him!"
So I asked him what he had been doing, and he replied, "I sang Happy birthday to you! You live in a zoo! You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too! And then I burped!"
Hmmm . . . can't understand why Big Brother wouldn't like that first thing in the morning.

And then there was the time the other day when he was playing with his matchbox cars. The boys enjoy driving them really fast and smashing them into a wall to see what they'll do. If they do anything really cool, the boys will reenact it in a slow-motion "replay," complete with sound effects. Little Brother was showing me one of these replays when I noticed he had stuck a coin in the window of the car.
"Why is there a penny in the window?" I asked.
"That's the driver," he replied, "Abraham Lincoln."