Sunday, February 25, 2007

knitting group, etc.

So, I'm really liking this knitting group thing. I figured I would, but now I've gone twice and I've really had a good time. Thursday the RI In Stitches group met, and we had a Yankee-style swap of stash yarn. I didn't think I would get to participate because I seem to be one of those rare knitters who doesn't really have a stash. At least not one that contains anything I could bring for a swap. Leftover half-skein of purple Wool-ease, anyone? Teeny-weeny bit of the merino I made some Fetchings out of? Gee, why isn't anybody choosing the yarn I brought? Luckily, the very generous Kimberley had brought lots, and I got to play. I came away with some very nice gray-blue angora/wool, from which I intend to make some mittens.




I also finished swatching for, and cast on the hourglass sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. It's a really pretty, simple pattern, and it will be my second adult sweater. The first ended up being frogged, and quite frankly I don't really like to talk about it. Many hours of my life wasted. Anyway, I am making the hourglass sweater out of Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece cotton/wool yarn in the provincial rose colorway. I have some worries about running out of yarn, but we shall see.

The sweater is being postponed, however, because Big Brother's 9th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. Being a burgeoning rock fan, he told me he wanted an inflatable guitar. An inflatable guitar?? Pooh-pooh on your inflatable guitar, you shall have a knitted guitar! Courtesy of New Knits on the Block. This is the third pattern I have made from this book, and I do not even own the darn thing. I just keep taking it out from the library. I love the library.

So that is everything knitting-related at the moment. Neither of the projects have gotten very far yet, but I'll post more pictures when they are done. You know, in the next decade or so.