Here are the FO's I mentioned previously. Previously meaning a week ago -oops. Anyway, the blocks are for Magic Baby's first birthday this weekend. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. The first couple of times I stuffed them, they were more ball-y than block-y, but I found some fairly stiff foam blocks and that seemed to work well.
This is a hat I made for J, for Valentine's day. I usually have issues with hats coming out too small, but this one did not. Gotta keep those ears warm on those early morning runs. I knit this out of chunky Wool-ease on size 9 circulars, so the fabric is really thick, and I just kind of made it up as I went along. I especially like how the decreases came out. I had only ever done them by doing a round of k6, k2tog all the way around, then a round of plain knit, then k5, k2tog, etc. and coming out with a star shape. I wanted to try something different, so I divided the hat into four sections and decreased at the beginning and end of each, using ssk and k2tog so the decreases would face each other. I realize this is not exactly revolutionary, but it was new to me and I liked it!