Friday, January 12, 2007

the obligatory introductory post

Hello, internet!

Here I am, throwing a new blog out into the ocean that is the blogosphere. In writing a description, I tried to think of what type of blog I wanted it to be. A knitting blog? Sure. A chronicle of the adorableness of my kids? Of course. A place to vent my worry about a new job and any other chaos that might arise? Yeah, that too. So scattered was the word that came to mind.

Anyway, about me: I'm 28 and a mom to three children. I live in the Ocean State. I currently tutor in science and math, and will soon also be teaching physics part-time. I like to knit. Of course all of this can also be found in my profile and is probably kind of boring, but for some reason it feels like the place to start.

About my kids: I think I will follow in the footsteps of many others and use pseudonyms here. Not that I don't trust you, but you know. I'm not going to attempt to come up with clever names that I'll forget, so I'll call them Big Brother, Little Brother, and Baby Sister. Big Brother and Little Brother are 8 and 6. They are crazy smart, and I'm not the only one who says that, I swear. Baby Sister is 9 months. She is sweet and completely doted upon by her brothers.

I have better pictures of them than the one on the sidebar, it's just not easy to get them all in a picture together. I'll take the liberty of posting some now:




About knitting: I've been knitting for about a year and a half. My mom taught me the basics, and I've picked up other stuff as I go. I am by no means an expert, but I'm really enjoying learning. I'm at the stage where my last few projects were the first time I tried cables, or the first time I tried magic loop, or the first time I did color knitting, etc. I like to knit things that are for the people I love, or teach me something new, or both.

I'm not going to write much about the job yet. I know I'll have more to say as my first day gets closer.

Okay, this is officially long enough, or perhaps way too long. I invite/beg for comments and feedback. Maybe there are already enough blogs out there with cute kids and/or knitting needles, but it just seems like such fun.