Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is there a doctor in the house?

Because I have a raging case of startitis!


The seamless hybrid is just so boring right now. I'm working on the second sleeve - these sleeves are endless - and it's been driving me so crazy I've actually not been knitting very much. Which is silly.

So when Amy made her big announcement, I was very happy for her, of course, but I was also thinking, "Yay! Booties!" I dug out some unisex dk weight yarn and amused myself with some Saartje's bootees. It was wonderful.




Apparently working on something other than the never-ending sweater was the crack in the dam. After the booties, I just didn't want to go back to the mindless stockinette. So I used the same yarn (Wool in the Woods Cherub, if you were curious) and made a toe.


I'm not sure what the future of the toe will be. I made up a pattern to fit on the stitches and started on the foot of the sock, but I think I went a little crazy - there's slipped stitches and ribs and a couple little cables and it's way too much. Maybe in a solid color, but with this yarn you wouldn't see any of it. I think it was just an overreaction to, again, the mindless stockinette and I'm definitely going to frog it back to the toe and have a little think on it. (Yes, btw, Little Brother's socks are still on the needles, but they're the knitting that travels around with me so they're in the car more often than not. I'm way too lazy to go outside when there's perfectly good yarn right in the room).

Lastly, this warmer weather we've been having has been another reason not to pick up the seamless hybrid. There's no way I'm going to get to wear it. But, dammit, I want a handknit sweater to wear, so . . . I cast on this.
Well, sort of. The yarn I wanted to use (Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece) is the wrong gauge, and the sweater's pretty simple, so I figured that if I'm going to have to do a bunch of tinkering I might as well just try to figure the thing out. I checked out all the pictures on Ravelry, swatched, and cast on with the help of EZ's percentage system. I haven't gotten too far yet, but so far, so good.

Plus the turquoise is such a nice springy color.

Well, it looks like I've got my hands full for now. I should get back to my knitting!