Tuesday, February 3, 2009

in case I forgot I lived in New England

Sunday and yesterday it was warm. Warm enough for the boys to go ride their scooters, warm enough to go for a walk in just a sweater as opposed to a heavy coat, warm enough to make one think that spring might actually arrive one day, whatever Punxatawney Phil has to say about it.

And today? I'm looking out at the snow falling and wondering if I ought to leave work a bit early. I blame Phil. Stupid groundhog.

I won't complain too much, though, knowing that spring won't be particularly long and it will be followed by the dreaded heat and humidity. Plus things like hot coffee, soup (J made some awesome turkey soup last night), my bathrobe, a warm child in my lap, and something woolly in my hands all make me very very happy. I think I can handle six more weeks of that.