Tuesday, January 13, 2009

funny kid stuff

File under: Sam is just like me.
So Sam and I were hanging out, just chatting about his day (Did I mention the awesomeness of the new hours? I'm not sure when I'll get over it.). He can be a silly kid sometimes, and at one point he jumped on me. You know, like, expecting me to catch him. But he's ten now, and though he's small for his age, he's not that small, and . . . yeah. I dropped him on his ass. Looked like it hurt, too: he kind of curled up and rolled on his side. So I bent down to rub his back, apologizing profusely, but I could not help the fact that I was laughing, really hard. I know - bring on the Mother of the Year Award. So there I was, rubbing his back while trying to hide my face and stifle my giggles, when I heard him snort. He was laughing just as hard as I was, and trying just as hard to cover it up.

File under: Soul of a poet.
I found Reese sitting by himself the other day, just looking out the window. I asked him what he was doing, and in typical Master of the Obvious fashion, he said, "Looking out the window." So Iasked him what he was looking at, and he said, "Oh, just how pretty everything is. Like that pink light in the east." His quiet moments are few and far between, but they're pretty sweet.

File under: What the hell are they doing at that preschool??



It's cinnamon. In case you were wondering.



Oh - and don't forget about the contest!