Tuesday, December 2, 2008

update

I can't do a big post right now - I've been officially sucked into the holiday craft and decoration vortex - but I wanted to let you know how everything turned out.

I sucked it up and talked to my boss, and as predicted, he was totally nice about the whole thing. He said he understood about needing to be with my family more, he had no problem with me changing my schedule, and he was just sad because he'd be losing one of his best tutors. Take that, mean-boss stereotype!

So starting next week, I'll be leaving work in time to pick up the kids from school on Mondays and Wednesdays, with Tuesdays and Thursdays to be added ASAP, as soon as he can find a replacement.

The relief is completely awesome. And thanks so much to those who wrote lovely supporting comments - I just love the internet.