Thursday, December 27, 2007

I must have been a very good girl

Alternate Title: Flashing the Loot


Okay, of course I know that Christmas is not really about the gifts, and we did have a wonderful gathering of family and friends here. There was camaraderie and laughter, and my children were happy and grateful. We made cinnamon buns for breakfast, played a few (hundred) board games, and enjoyed each other's company.

That being said, anybody who knows me will tell you that inside, I am about five years old. Plus it's my blog, dammit, and I want to show off my Christmas/birthday goodies. Just look at the pretty fiber!





The white one is an entire POUND of alpaca from Jess. I've spun some of it already, and it is just ridiculously soft. I was originally going to dye it first, but I couldn't wait that long. Again, about five years old. The brown and the green are J.Knits merino from my wonderful children. I'm currently deciding if it wants to be two separate skeins or put together somehow. Hmmm . . .

I also got some fabulous knitting bags from my mom and my sister-in-law. Packed with all those fun little knitting goodies like row counters, stitch holders, measuring tape, etc.


Indeed, knitting Santa was my friend this year. How 'bout you?