Friday, September 7, 2007

posting patterns

I, like I think many knitters, have often thought about making knitting more than a hobby. Selling knitted goods at craft fairs or on etsy, maybe dyeing yarns, writing and selling/submitting patterns, etc. I haven't done any of it, but I have lately found things like this and this to be inspirational in a kick-in-the-pants kind of way. I've made a few things out of my own head, I think some of them (not all, but we won't go there) are pretty cute, and maybe I should do something about that.

The thing is that I have never actually written down in great detail what I've done, so I have no idea if I can write something coherent. To determine that, I have posted a hat pattern just below this one (Look down! There it is!) to try and get some feedback. I also have it available as a pdf (I tried to just put a link to that instead of having the pattern be a separate post, but I couldn't figure out how to host it unless I was planning on charging for it. Honestly, I shudder to think of the time I have spent on this.) I implore anybody to read it and let me know if it makes sense. What I will do next with that information I am not sure, but it would be much appreciated! Thanks!!